Thursday, 19 September 2013

food: quick easy healthy vegan chia breakfast

Chia Seeds by Stacy Spensley

I have finally found a healthy and quick family breakfast that we are all loving. I found the recipe at Inhabitots. It's such a great site for all kinds of cool eco friendly products etc for children.

I love that most of the dish can be prepared the night before.  Our mornings are always a rush so breakfasts that take time to prepare are out.

I have changed the recipe slightly as chia seeds are very expensive here, as is almond milk.  So I have cut down on the amount of chia seeds and use a rice/hazelnut/almond milk instead of almond milk. This is our adjusted recipe for feeding the three of us:

2 bananas
4 dessert spoons of chia seeds
3/4 cup rice/hazelnut/almond milk
3 dessert spoons almonds heaped
3 dessert spoons dried fruit ( I love sour cherries)

Night before: Mash bananas then mix together with chia seeds and milk.  Soak almonds in filtered water.  Leave overnight. 

Morning:  divvy up the chia/banana mix and top with drained chopped almonds and dried fruit.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment